Skip to content
Episcopal Church of the Nativity: Fifty Years and Counting!
- In 1963, people moving to a new suburb of Burnsville were looking for a church that reflected their beliefs Plans for Nativity Episcopal Church started with a conversation in a brewery among prospective parishioners
- A congregation gathered and the first service was held on January 5, 1964
- Growth and commitment led to the construction of their first building on Highland Drive with the initial service on December 18, 1977
- In 1996, the congregation moved to a larger building on Maple Island Road across from Buck Hill ski area Worship is central to Nativity and being open to all is at the core of our beliefs
- As a congregation, Nativity recognized the need to nurture faith in all ages and ethnic groups
- Current profile of 700 members, including 205 children and youth, 250 households living in Dakota, Scott, and Hennepin counties