Team Lead: The Rev. Kathleen Brusco
Team Members: Rob Arnold, Janey Bigger, Mary Ellingrud, Lynne Kennedy, Marguerite Kirchhoff, Cara Knittel, Sally Maust, Jamie Paget, Phyllis Rowley, Steve Raetz, David Seal, Dana Fath Strande.
Overview Nativity is a diverse and vibrant congregation. Our purpose is to ensure that worship services both adhere to Episcopal tradition and reflect the tone of our faith community. We are committed to the use of The Book of Common Prayer and other supplemental resources, such as Enriching our Worship and the Book of Occasional Services. Recognizing that there are many opinions about liturgy in our parish, we are working to hear all voices and move forward in a way that best reflects our purpose as a church and our call as followers of Jesus. In all matters, we defer to clergy, particularly in day-to-day decisions.
Things we manage and decide
- Aesthetic environment in the worship spaces of the sanctuary and narthex
- Liturgical choices for Sundays and Holy Week
- Liturgical choices for special or additional worship experiences
- Forms for the Prayers of the People
- All of the above are in conjunction with Staff
- Determine the yearly budgetary needs of the team for recommendation to the Finance Team
Activities we are accountable for
- Ensuring that all services provide liturgy (and music when planned) that is biblically based, seasonally appropriate, and faithful to our Episcopal tradition authentic liturgy at all services.
- Communicating meaningful information about liturgical seasons to the congregation
- Being responsive to the concerns and needs of the congregation as pertains to worship services
- Setting the times of worship services
- Worship space decorations and altar needs
- Schedules for worship helpers
- Music as part of our worship
- Approve expenditures for team budgetary line items (green slips)
How Can You Help/What Skills Do You Need?
No specific skills needed but a familiarity with The Book of Common Prayer and the liturgical traditions of the Episcopal Church is helpful, as is a desire to continue Nativity’s liturgical excellence, serving God through the work of His people.
Time Commitment We meet about every two months, usually on Thursdays from 6:30 to 8:00. Time commitment can be 2-12 hour per month depending on project assignments.
How to Contact Us
Please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org or any of us for any questions you may have.