Episcopalians believe in:
- Worship that invites you in to an experience of the Holy, instead of putting you on the sidelines as an observer.
- A theology that demands our intelligence rather than ignoring it.
- A willingness to not only tolerate, but celebrate differences.
- A heritage that takes the Bible very seriously but is not bound by literalism.
- A strong sense of community in which our consensus is in Christ, not in a conformity of opinion.
- A devotion to the Biblical Sacraments instituted by Jesus which evoke awe and mystery, instead of factual explanation.
- A sense of ministry that is rightly the obligation and privilege of every baptized person.
- An insistence on morality (what is good and loving) and an avoidance of moralism (salvation by code and not by Christ).