Invitation for Nominations to Vestry
Nativity’s Vestry is opening up the Invitation for Nominations to the Vestry. The slate of candidates, including a Junior and Senior Warden, will be voted on at our Annual Meeting on Sunday, January 29th, 2017 after the combined service at 10 am.
Please prayerfully consider your nomination to the Nativity Vestry. The attached outline explains the roles and responsibilities for Vestry candidates: invitationfornominationsfor2017
|November 2016 – Minutes|
|October 2016 – Minutes|
|September 2016 – Minutes|
|August 2016 – Minutes|
|July 2016 – Minutes|
|June 2016 – Minutes|
|May 2016 – Minutes|
|April 2016 – Minutes|
|May 2016 – Minutes|
Team Lead: Andy Cerio – Sr. Warden, Mary Lou Lamain – Jr. Warden
Team members: Andrea Thermos, Brenda Steinkamp, Dana Fath Strande, Deb Arnold, Diane Grier, Ed Kariuki, Gary Demers, Marguerite Kirchhoff, Nancy Eduvas, Nick Zeitler, Pete Gorelczenko, Sherri Fuller
Overview The Vestry at Nativity is the ‘activator’ that finds ways to live discipleship authentically and figures out Jesus’ mission in our congregation today. The Vestry reflects on the needs of our congregation and the surrounding community and discerns what God is calling our faith community to accomplish while articulating a strong sense of purpose and a hopeful vision for the church. Finally, the Vestry looks for ways to elevate the Priest and staff and support them and the broader congregation in their roles and ascertains ways to listen to these calls and decide where we should focus our time, energy and resources as a congregation.
Things we manage or decide
- Nativity’s operating budget and financial forecasts
- Nativity’s operating structure
- Sponsor (not lead) all core teams in the congregation
- Capital or expense investments in the church
- Policies and procedures guiding the church and core teams (outside of staff management)
- Facilitate the annual meeting and manage the solicitation and election of new Vestry members
- Facilitate the solicitation and election of new convention delegates.
- Manage an active relationship with the diocese
- Determine the yearly budgetary needs of the team for recommendation to the Finance Team
Activities we are accountable for
- Deciding on any financial impacts to the church
- Growing the church and pursuing its purpose
- Supporting the priest, staff and congregation in discerning how Nativity mobilizes its purpose through worship, programming and outreach
- Approve expenditures for team budgetary line items (green slips)
How can you help, what skills do you need?
- Roles on the vestry are voted on at our annual meeting or when a seat on the vestry becomes vacant.
- The skills you need are an open mind, courage to speak your mind, willingness to lead and consistent
reflection on what the congregation and our broader neighborhood may need.
What is the time commitment?
The time commitment is about 15-25 hours a month, depending on the role and types of assignments you take on. We meet every month for 2-2.5 hours and have committee sponsorship or project work for ~10-15 hours each month.
How to contact us…