Community Outreach Team
Team Leads: Colin Brownlow
Team members: Helen Goeden, Brenda Steinkamp, Claudia Kinville, Lynne Kennedy, Camille Jungman
Overview The Committee’s focus is to facilitate, support, and coordinate Nativity’s community outreach efforts. To live our faith and love by encouraging and supporting community outreach and volunteerism in the community to serve those in need.
Things we manage or decide
- Identify and assess Community Outreach opportunities – for impact potential and formation of potential partnerships, as well as the feasibility and sustainability based on membership interest and commitment
- Determine projects and efforts that Nativity will participate in as a community, based on the above information
- Encourage and support the individual programs and projects sponsored through Nativity and its members by assisting with goal setting, promotion of involvement and volunteerism, and assessment of strengths and areas of growth and potential
- Determine the yearly budgetary needs of the team for recommendation to the Finance Team
Activities we are accountable for
- Outreach Programs of the Nativity Community include, but not limited to: Community Café, Community Garden, Feed My Starving Children food packing events, Second Harvest Heartland food packing events, support of multiple 360 Communities programs (clothing, school supplies and grocery and gift cards) for Partners for Success program as well as tutoring program at Orchard Lake Elementary school, Food Shelf donations and donations for Lewis House.
- Based on a Nativity Member survey, the Community Outreach Committee has focused its’ efforts on hunger and food programs, education programs and opportunities that allowed for family participation. Chosen programs and projects will be flexible and may change based on community need, impact of Nativity’s involvement and sustainability.
- Approve expenditures for team budgetary line items (green slips)
How can you help, what skills do you need?
- Anyone can join. We will actively encourage our team to volunteer in Outreach programs.
- We need people with skills for business analysis, management, and supervision
- Outreach and communication with the congregation and one-on-one with congregants is requested so promotion of Outreach is experienced in the larger community and through individual invitations to participate.
- Creativity, vision, passion and hands on effort for serving the most in need is helpful.
What is the time commitment?
- The time commitment is about 3-12 hours a month.
- We meet every 2nd Tuesday usually at Nativity from 6:30-8:00pm
- The other hours are in meeting preparation and follow up, development of volunteer opportunities and promotion, and participation in outreach activities.
How to contact us…
Please feel free to email or talk with any of our members about any questions you may have or feel free to request a meeting for more information with our leads. firstname.lastname@example.org